Monday, November 15, 2010

Behind the Creation

Hello!! Welcome to my blog!
I'm Kristy Hawk, owner and creative artist of NoodleNoggins!
I have been married to my husband Derek for almost 9 years.

We have two precious little girls named Reagan and Karly. They are often my little models for my website!!





 I first learned how to crochet about 6 years ago. A dear friend of mine taught me how to crochet a chain. From there, I had no idea what I was doing!!


I taught myself from Crochet Books and YouTube. The first thing I ever crocheted was a baby blanket for my first daughter, Reagan. I look at that blanket now and see all the mistakes I made!! However, she still loves it and cuddles with it frequently. :)

After that, I toyed with knitting. I came to realize that I much prefer crocheting!! I crocheted a few blankets and then tried my hand at making hats.

Here is the first hat I made:

I look back and laugh at this hat because I totally used the wrong kind of yarn! Oh well...practice makes perfect, right?

My first website was called What's on a Name. I made scrapbooked wooden letters, hair bows, hooded towels, tutus, jewelry and hats. Once I noticed that only my hats and tutus were selling, I created my website on etsy called NoodleNoggins.

I believe that God gives everyone a talent. My talent just happens to be helping others to keep their heads fashionably warm!!! ;-)

Here are the top questions I get asked all the time:
Q: Do you really make all these hats by yourself?
A: Yes!!!

Q: When do you find the time to make all these hats?
A: It IS hard for me to find time after being a homemaker, mother of 2 little ones, and part-time YMCA employee. As soon as my girls go to sleep, I crochet into the wee hours of the night.

Q: Do you ever get sick of making hats?
A: NO! Even though I make hundreds and hundreds of hats, I still love making them! Crochet is like therapy for me...very calming and relaxing. :)

Q: Do you use other people's patterns or make them up yourself?
A: I first started making patterns that others had made up...however I found that most of them were imperfect and I usually liked to give them my own little twist. Now, I make up all my patterns myself.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Kristy :)

1 comment:

Darlene Schacht said...

I saw a kitten in a funny hat today, and I thought. Noodle Noggins!! LOL I love them.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP